Monday, April 25, 2011

Good Friday

Hey all! This post represents the culmination of the past five weeks of my life. These are the images my team and I crreated for my church's Good Friday service last week. We're super stoked for the work we did, especially in the time frame we had to work with, from inception to completion. And by the grace of God, we were able to color them all and have them look decent--in the 11th hour! Special thanks to my team: Kyle Rixon (mastermind, colorist, writer), Glen Salzman (pastor), Chris Hare (writer), and Dr. Paul Dean (pastor, historian). My duties included penciller, inker, colorist, and art director.

I plan on stringing together a video using the audio from the service, so the image sequence makes a little more sense; for those unfamiliar with the story, some of the panels might seem a bit non-sequitur. Rest assured, it'll all make sense in the end. And feel free to ask any questions you may have in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks fantastic! I hope the service went well for all of you.
    "New Testament" could be a really rad series of comics for tomorrow's Christian.

    I'm curious, how many hours did you guys spend making these images?
    It was just you and Kyle Rixon doing the art, correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude... thanks again for doing this! :-) it was awesome to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Colin! Yes, it was just Kyle and I making the panels. I think I spent about 3-4 weeks drawing and researching, and Kyle colored whenever I was done with a page, though how many hours that was in total I'm not sure.

    Thanks, Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, awesome work, I was just wondering if I could use your "Act II the end" picture and print it at a T-shirt. I would not sell it, but I thought that the picture was just brilliant

    ReplyDelete