Monday, January 17, 2011

Shellacious!

Went to see the Picasso exhibit at the SAM with my wife tonight. I feel like I'll make enemies if I admit I wasn't impressed, but I gotta be honest. I wasn't. Some of it might have been due to the stuffy audio commentators--most of which I felt amounted to little more than hot air and butt-patting; I'm not interested in your opinion about Picasso's art, I'm interested in learning about Picasso's art. Chuck Close was the only one who sounded like he even knew what he was talking about. ...And some of it might have been due to the fact that Picasso seems to have been a stuck-up perv who slept around on his wife. Not cool, I don't care who you are.

Anyway, I liked his mandolin player and guitarist, and the portrait of his wife sitting in the chair. And the goat sculpture at the end was fun.

Here's some TMNT redesign thoughts. Not sure about Leo's head.

I'm gonna have to start updating in the afternoon, when people are awake, and I have more time to actually draw something. Boy, oh, boy, I'm grouchy and it's past my bedtime. I want some ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment